tad n : a slight amount or degree of difference; "a tad too expensive"; "not a tad of difference"; "the new model is a shade better than the old one" [syn: shade]
Etymology1877, ‘young or small child’, probably a shortened form of tadpole. The extended meaning ‘small amount’ is first recorded 1915.
- Rhymes with: -æd
a little bit
Nountad (plural tadoù)
Nountad (plural tadau)
Tad is a word meaning "a little bit".
It can also refer to:
- A Tad : A small amount. a small child [origin perhaps from tadpole]
- Tad (band), a Seattle band.
- |TAD| The Allied Defense, a club with the Dark Jedi Organization that supports Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2142.
- TAD, an acronym for Telephone Answering Device
- TAD, an acronym for Technology Aware Design
- The pen name of American cartoonist Thomas A. Dorgan.
- Tax Allocation District.
- A masculine human given name.
- The internet shorthand for "Thanks, all done."
- Tadcaster, a town in the United Kingdom.
- TAD, the acronym for the Transportation Aging Disposal canister for nuclear waste that is planned to be shipped to the Yucca Mountain Project in Nevada.
- TAD Corporation, a defunct video game developer.
- A military acronym for "target acquisition detachment."
- A military acronym (US Navy, Coast Guard) for "Temporary Additional Duty" order status, synonymous with the US Army status of TDY for "Temporary Duty", generally referring to an assignment away from the permanent duty station.
- The Asian Dynasties, a second expansion pack to the popular RTS game, Age of Empires 3 and The War Chiefs set between the late 15th century and the mid 19th century.
- A medical acronym for thoracic aortic dissection.
tad in French: TAD
tad in Italian: TAD